Address: 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110
Capacity: 1,700 permanent chair back seats, with capabilities to expand to 3,000.
Field Dimensions: LF (312'), LC (370'), C (391'), RC (385'), RF (327').
Baseball Home | Tickets Home | Facilities Home
Fowler Park and Cunningham Field opened its doors on February 15, 2013, and serves as the state-of-the-art home to USD baseball team.
Fowler Park and Cunningham Field
· Cost - $13.8 million
· Architect - Populous
· General Contractor - Turner Construction
· Opening Date - February 15, 2013
· Fowler Park Entry - The grand entry arch is detailed in 16th century Spanish Renaissance architecture to match the university's look.
· Seating Capacity - 1,700 seat backs with only 14 rows (16 rows in section 3) around the seating bowl, with ability to expand to 3,000 with designed temporary seating areas.
· Lights - State of the art green Musco Lighting System with eight light standards.
· Dimensions of Field - LF (312'), LC (370'), C (391'), RC (385'), RF (327'). Field was rotated four degrees. Outfield fence is padded and 8 feet in height.
· Playing surface - Grass is over seeded hybrid Bermuda called Bandera. The head groundskeeper with the San Diego Padres, Luke Yoder, assisted with this project along with the university's grounds maintenance staff.
· Batter's Eye - Found in center field, the batter's eye is 80' wide x 40' high.
· The Dyneema Netting System - All 1,700 seats will be protected by a Dyneema Backstop Netting that will be supported on wire from foul pole to foul pole and will provide an unobstructed view for all spectators.
· Video scoreboard - The brand new state of the art digital scoreboard was designed by ICG.
· Dugouts - Each team dugout is sunken with steps and designed to replicate a major league baseball dugout.
· Torero Deck - At more than 4,000 square feet, the Torero Deck sits atop the Torero Clubhouse along the third base line. Features a turf surface for kids to run on, as well as a great location for events with a beautiful view towards Mission Bay.
· Suites/Press Box Area - The press box area will include an operations room, and two radio/TV booths. The two suites directly behind home plate can also be expanded to one large suite.
· Torero Clubhouse - Will feature offices for coaches, a conference room, a team locker room, players' lounge, soft-toss area and athletic training satellite area.
· Elevators - Fowler Park will feature two elevators to assist guests in getting around facility.
· Blocks and Cement - When complete, Turner Construction will have used 26,750 concrete blocks (16 inches by 8 inches) and 3,237 cubic yards of cement to construct Fowler Park.
· Ticket Office - A dedicated ticket office will serve Fowler Park, located adjacent to the front office.
· Concessions - Torero Treats will serve through an upgraded and expanded operation with a greater variety of options and multiple points of sale. In addition, the ability exists to add at least five satellite stations throughout Fowler Park to meet the needs of Torero fans.
· Torero Gear - Torero hats, shirts, sweatshirts and other merchandise can be purchased adjacent to the concessions stand at the dedicated Torero Gear window.
· Restrooms - A full compliment of men's and women's restrooms will be available on the main concourse level, as well as a Family Restroom and a First Aid area.