March 28, 2012
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Come join the Torero Spirit Team, cheer for our Torero champions, and dance at Torero football and basketball games! Get involved in the USD student community and the San Diego community. Compete and dance with one of the most well respected dance and cheer teams in the West Coast Conference.
Tryouts: Sunday- May 6th, 2012
Where: Sports Center
When: 9am doors & registration open
What to wear:
- All black dance attire. (jazz pants, cargo pants, form fitting, appropriate tops, no baggy t-shirts). - Tennis shoes and jazz shoes with non-marking soles.
- Hair should be down and make-up should be done as if you were at a performance.
- No jewelry or visible body piercings.
What to bring:
- $500 cash/ check made payable to USD Athletics for uniforms if you make the team
- Water bottle
* All necessary forms and application will be available at tryouts to fill out. We will also take a Polaroid picture of you to attach to your application.
* Tryouts will consist of dance, cheer, and technique. Number of cuts is based on the number of people auditioning.
* You will be taught a 4 eight count hip hop/jazz combo routine and demonstrate technique across the floor. You will also learn a cheer/chant, demonstrate rallying ability, and anyone who tumbles will have the opportunity to show that as well. Mats will not be available. Please, no tumbling, unless you have prior experience.
* Judging is based on a selection system. The judges and coaches will make the choices and cuts on that day. This helps to expedite the process.
* Individual interviews will be conducted before the final dance cut.
* Once the interviews have concluded, we will hold the final dance cut. We will deliberate for approximately an hour, then announce the 2012-2013 Torero Spirit Team.
* Once the team has been announced, we will have a team meeting and introduction. Please bring a checkbook, as we will be collecting uniform money at that time.
* You will also be fitted for your uniforms at this time.
* You must provide a copy of your acceptance letter, by the end of June, if you are an incoming freshman or transfer.
For any further questions, please contact Head Coach Nicole DeMartini. E-mail: email@example.com